‘A fine, underrated prog outing worthy of rediscovery by art-rock fanatics’. allmusic.com
‘An Orchestral Rock banquet for musical gourmets’.
Remastered 1974 album, released on the collectable Vertigo label in Europe.
Fourth album by the legendary German rock band, fronted by British singer John Lawton.
This album featured the band temper their usual hard rock style with a Santana-esque jazz-fusion edge, with help from a full brass section. Rated their most progressive album by fans.
Five lengthy band-penned tracks, with standout opening pirate-themed ‘Spanish Galleon’ and the string-enhanced ballad ‘Sorrow’.
New updated liner notes with band quotes.
Expertly remastered. Superb sound. The best in the business!
- John Lawton / vocal
- Peter Hecht / piano, organ, mood, synthesizer, Fender Rhodes
- Dieter Horns / bass, backing vocals
- Peter Hesslein / guitar, 12 string guitar, acoustic guitar, percussion, backing vocals
- Herbert Bornhold / drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Herb Geller / Soprano saxophone solo on (1) and flute on (4)
|1.||Spanish Galleon |
|2.||Thus Spoken Oberon|
|3.||High Fly Lady – Goodbye|
|5.||Dirty Old Town|